Kingdom Marriage Resources
As I write this article, we here at Journey Church are finishing up a teaching series on marriage called, “Kingdom Marriage”. The content in these messages are full of wisdom from scripture on God’s plan for marriage. Every marriage, no matter what its current state, has room for improvement. Applying these biblical principles and adopting a Kingdom perspective will bring new life and purpose to any marriage.
Of course wisdom has no value when it is only taught but not applied. Walking out these truths in our marriage is the real key to growth and health. It’s so easy to hear the Word but not do it. Let’s bring our marriages to a place of surrender and submission to God and watch as He fills them with life!
You don’t find a great marriage, you build one.
In addition to the messages in the Kingdom Marriage series, you will find a list of resources below that you can draw on to help strengthen and focus your relationship with your spouse and your marriage’s relationship with God (your marriage has an identity).
Check out these resources and be encouraged to share any stories of how your marriage has been affected with others. Our stories have power! (Revelation 12:11)
~ Pastor Aaron Porr
- Journey Church Message Podcast – journeykc.com/podcast
- Jimmy Evans Website, Marriage Today – marriagetoday.com
- Fireproof Website – fireproofmymarriage.com
- James Dobson
Building Stronger MarriagesBlog Posts
- Marriage Devotional by Jimmy Evans
- 31 Day Devotional by David and Ashlie Willis
- VIDEO – Skills for Positive Communication / Jimmy Evans
- VIDEO – The Blessed Marriage / Robert Morris
- VIDEO – Marriage and Core Values / Danny Silk
- VIDEO – Understanding Your Spouses Language / Joe McGee